Monday, November 15, 2010

Stairs

What about stairs? They are always so positive.
Their main function is to take you higher,
you climb stairs,
you use stairs to be able to go up,
then you go down.

I wish life would have a stair of it's own, one that would always take me higher,
no matter where I am, no matter where I go, always higher.

I remember being a child, watching a stairway on the park, they always seemed to huge,
majestic blocks, I ran and ran, catching every breath I could, until I reached the top.

I wish life would give me those stairs back, now they seem so small,
those stairs that looked so big, they took me higher.
No matter where I was,
no matter If i went to that same place,
always higher.

I think my life does have stairs, sometimes I rise
sometimes I fall
no matter if I walk or crawl,
whenever I look down I can always see
the altitude life has given me.

Every scratch I have from tumbling down,
every sweat I have from getting back up
made those stairs stronger,
made me stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment